Thursday, November 21, 2013

AN EVENING OUT

Happy Thursday Everyone,
I have a love hate relationship with body con dresses and here's why. My lifestyle doesn't really call for wearing one. I hung up my club heels a long time ago and most dinners or parties I go to calls for more of a Solange-esque look opposed to a Love & Hip Hop type of ensemble.
There is a running joke that I have with some of my fellow bloggers that says wear a body con dress and your social media hits and likes will go through the roof. Wear a casual or everyday look and its crickets. LOL!

I get it, as a plus size woman, wearing a body con makes me feel confident and sexy but I can't have that be the basis of my wardrobe and there is nothing wrong if it is for someone else. I am a big believer in dressing according to your lifestyle. My lifestyle just doesn't call for it all the time. However, when I find one that fits like a glove and flatters my gut, I will snatch it up. Case in point, this Monif C. Tabitha dress that I;m wearing.


Back in October, I stopped b the Monif C. boutique on 34th street to checkout some pieces. Her latest collections have been on fire and I wanted to try some things on. The Tabitha dress came out towards the end of summer and it caught my eye. The black and white color blocking and the darting in the waist area screamed the perfect flattering body con dress for a girl with a gut. When I tried this baby on, I immediately fell in love with it. It was a no brainer to purchase it and take it home.
When I brought it home, I had to think about when could I wear it. Did I have any events coming up? Sadly, I didn't have an immediate event to wear it to until last night. I had a birthday dinner to go to and it was the first thing I thought of. The dress is ponte knit so I didn't have to worry about it exposing all my nooks an crannies. My favorite two things about the dress is the tulip hem line and the fact that the back is longer than the front so I didn't have to worry about it being too short. To complete my look I went with a pair of blue suede platform heels from Nine West.


What do you think of this look?

Checkout more of Monif C.'s fantastic dresses at www.monifc.com she's already started on a holiday collection.



5 comments:

  1. You can wear a dress and a suit like no other. . . You look Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct that the form fitting looks get LOTS of attention on IG and Twitter. lol!! I love to see all different types of silhouettes as well. We look great even when every curve isn't on blast. Ha! This dress is banging on you though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,Ciao Alissa...Fashion is Art...and you're a great Artist of Style...always your outfits are marvellous works of Art...this one is perfect to celebrate your Beauty,your magic Slihouette...what a Style,what a Charm, What a Charisma !
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so gorgeous, your dress is so stunning, thanks for share this post.
    Shop the latest collection of Evening Gown collections at a very affordable rates and look stunning at party and other occasions.

    ReplyDelete